The Department for International Trade, in collaboration with Startup Campus London, is now inviting innovative retail-tech and med-tech entrepreneurs from the CEE to join a two-day scoping visit to London on 22 & 23 November 2018.
Delegates will get an insight into the UK’s vibrant B2B ecosystem and will have access to first-hand information from industry experts, business advisers, university partners, incubators, accelerators, funding organizations, and potential investors. They will also have the opportunity to introduce their business on stage to a selected audience and to attend a networking reception afterward.
We offer two-nights’ accommodation in London for each participant (1 delegate/company) and free attendance in the programme. Flights and other travel arrangements need to be covered by the delegates.
Should I come?
Ideal delegates will operate in the B2B segment and already have a commercialized “product” and/or funding provided by a VC or angel investor. We look forward to receiving applications from innovative SMEs that specifically target the UK market with their solution or want to go global via the UK.
Topics to be covered during the programme:
– Introducing DIT’s services for overseas businesses
– How to start a business in the UK (company registration, bank account opening, taxes, incentives, investment schemes, funding opportunities, R&D schemes)
– Legal aspects of doing business
– Opportunities in the Northern Powerhouse Region
– Opportunities in London
– Business etiquette / how to negotiate with UK partners successfully
– Meeting CEE businesses already successfully operating in the UK
– Pitching session
The deadline for application is 28 October 2018.